Today was my first day of a three-month healing sabbatical and honestly, I have no clue what I’m in for. I may just sleep the entire time away according to how today went.
With it being winter and getting colder by the minute, I could perhaps take a lesson from some wise animals and just hibernate…… considering my heart still feels like doing that more days than not.
The vision and hope behind this is to keep my to-do list to a minimal, and do I dare suggest what may come with that? I might actually begin feeling and just maybe even healing….. Imagine that!
That is the plan, to dig up everything my body has been packing away. All that stuff that I was too busy to feel through in the moment. All that stuff that is keeping me from living my fullest potential. It has got to come out.
A reset if you will.
So how am I going to do that? I don’t really know, but what I do know is this;
- I’m going to have naps, lots of naps. Whenever my body says nap, I’ll nap.
- I’m going to sit in silence and just stare into space. (Because we all know that’s where the magic happens).
- I’m going to sit on the floor with my daughter.
- I am going to dream. Oh man, am I going to dream.
- And last, but of course not least, I am going to write.
I am going to write the good, the bad, the not so good and the not so bad.
Whatever it looked like in my heart, whatever I felt, moment by moment, I will feel it and not deny myself a single emotion.
It’s going to be good and it’s going to be so damn hard, but it’s going to be worth it.
So here’s to the unknown, holding on in faith to the beauty of exactly that!
Until next time,